- Add 3 pages(minimum) to your site that support your blog's topic. These pages are in addition to your main (home) page.
- Two of the pages should be robust with content pertaining to your blog's topic. Make them more interesting by adding a picture or two. Align the pictures to the left or right of the text for a better visual display.
- How to Add a Page: Pages Option
- Select New Pages or,
- Select Edit Page to edit an existing page
- Type in your text
- On the SHOW PAGES AS drop down menu, select Side Links or Top Tabs
- One page must display a "video" that you created using Animoto.com or one that you found on a web site.The video must pertain to your blog's topic and must be embedded on the page (not a link to the video). Be sure to include a sentence or two that explains to your visitor what the video is about. Invite your visitors to view your video. You can search for videos on TeacherTube.com, History.com, Dailymotion.com, Nationalgeographic.com, History Channel and a few other video web sites (sorry, still no access to YouTube unless you're a DS teacher.
- How to Embed a Video
- To embed a video in a post or a page, copy the "embed code" that is provided on the video site. Please note that not all videos have this code available for you to use.
- Depending on the video site, you may have to click the "share" button to get the embed code. Sometimes the embed code is located below the video or on the right or left side of it.
- Then, on your blog, paste the code on the blog page's "Edit HTML" tab.
Assignment 6: More on Design
There's a a lot that you can do to spruce up your blog by using the Blogger Template Designer feature. For example, you can make changes to: font colors and styles, the blog's layout, the blog's background, and your link (and visited link) colors. Spend some time trying out the various options that are available and see what you can do with your blog's design - you may be surprised at how visually appealing your site can become.
To do this, go to:
Design > Template > Customize > on the Blogger Template Designer window select the various options that are available on the navigation menu located on the left).
Assignment 7 : Addins
Select 3 of these activities to include in your blog.
1. Live Traffic Feed: For the free version, go to, http://feedjit.com/freeLiveTrafficFeed/
- In the FREE CUSTOMIZATION box, select the color and the width of the widget, leave the number of visitors that you show to no more than 15.
- where it says, Install Fedjit On My.... select, Other Blog or Web Site then, GO
- In the INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLING ANY BLOG OR WEBSITE box, select the HTML code (copy into clipboard) that you see displayed (at the top of the box area).